- The original grant was available to rateable businesses with a turnover of less than €5 million and employing 50 people or less which were closed or experienced a drop of 25% or more in turnover to help with costs associated with re-opening and re-employing workers following COVID-19 closures. The grant was based on an enterprise’s commercial rates bill for 2019 with a minimum payment of €2,000 and a maximum payment of €10,000. The application process was due to close on 31 August 2020.
- The scheme has now been enhanced with the minimum increased to €4,000 and €25,000 maximum.
- Firms that accessed the Restart Grant will be eligible to apply for a second top-up payment to a total combined value of the revised minimum and maximum grant levels. The criteria for accessing the scheme will include Enterprises that have:
- 250 employees or less;
- Turnover of less than €100,000 per employee; and
- Reduced turnover by 25% as a result of COVID-19
Under the revised Restart Grant, support will also be provided for enterprises that could not access the original grant scheme. Non-rated B&Bs and rateable sports businesses will be eligible for a grant payment of €4,000.
For more details click on this link https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/2bd283-government-approves-details-of-restart-grant-for-small-businesses/
Most Councils have an online application process but a copy of the application form can be accessed here if the online application is not accessible – Restart Grant Application Form (003)
Online applications can be accessed at the links below:
For Galway City-based businesses – online application link
For Galway County – online application link
For Mayo County – online application link
For Clare County – online application link
Other Council website addresses can be found on this link: https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/COVID-19-Restart-Grant-Local-Authority-Websites.html