The Tourism Business Continuity Scheme will provide support to providers of certain tourism services who have been unable to qualify for assistance under the Government’s Covid Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS). It is designed to help these tourism businesses offset their fixed costs incurred last year and support them to continue operating through 2021.
The first phase of the Tourism Business Continuity Scheme is now open for applications from businesses in the follow categories who meet the eligibility criteria:
- Outdoor activity providers
- Tourism golf courses
- Hop-on Hop-off bus tours
- Cruise hire companies
- Boat tours operators
- Visitor attractions not eligible for CRSS
- Caravan and camping / outdoor accommodation
Key criteria include:
As a result of COVID-19, a business’s average monthly turnover in the 4-month period October 2020 – January 2021 must be down at least 75% compared to the average monthly turnover for the period January to December 2019
- The business must have a minimum annual turnover of €50,000
- The business must not be eligible to apply for the Covid Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) or be eligible for funding through the Fáilte Ireland Coach Tourism Business Continuity Scheme or Ireland Based Inbound Agents Business Continuity Scheme.
- The applicant business entity must not be in public ownership, nor manage/ operate a tourism asset on behalf of a public body.
How to apply
Sign up for a Trade Portal account:
The process for applying for this scheme is to sign up for a Trade Portal account. If you do not have a Trade Portal Account, please sign up for an account.
If you have a Fáilte Ireland Trade Portal Account: